Saturday, July 17, 2010

St. Martha's Celebration

Today was the celebration for St. Martha's Ministry! We were honored to be invited to attend the dedication of the ministry and the land for a much needed orphanage. Although we could not travel to Kismu to see the land, we celebrated in traditional Kenyan style at a local church.

Eunice and I became friends during my trip to Kenya in 2007. We have kept in touch through email and Lois Shaw. It was thrilling to be with Eunice and her husband Caleb. The "international visitors" were treated with great respect and honor. I was asked to speak to the widows and children. I brought greetings and prayers from all of you at Vancouver First! The ladies of St. Martha's send you blessings and thanks!

Eunice, Lois and I catching up!

Speaking to the widows and children.

The widows of St. Martha's

Talking with Kristin, who shared her story ~ An inspiration to us all!

My dream of an orphanage in Kenya is coming true! Soon the walls will go up and the children will have a safe place to live.

We leave early tomorrow morning for the Masai Mara to look for the "Big Five". No email or updates until Tuesday (maybe).

Off to bed,
Becki

1 comment:

  1. Becki, you are truly an inspiration to us all! What wonderful things you are accomplishing! I am so proud to call you my dear and wonderful friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete